The Anglophone section helps its students and others of the CSI to make the right choices for higher education by providing a counselling service for students headed to universities outside of France.
Three part-time counsellors, all of whom are Anglophone section teachers, are available for consultation by appointment and we have a resource room supplied with university guides and prospectuses as well as other further education and career material. In addition we have a data bank of information about the futher education of former students, which provides important guidance and contacts.
This overseas university orientation programme is linked to the general service provided by the French career advisors in the school.
The programme is as follows:
2de (equiv. Year 11/ Grade 10)
- March : Introduction to higher education outside France for parents
1ère (equiv. Year 12/ Grade 11)
- September : Introduction to higher education outside France for pupils
- February : Introduction to the application process
- March : Careers fair
- March – July: Group and individual meetings, students complete application dossier
- July : Preliminary list of schools to apply to and planning visits if possible
Terminale (equiv. Year 13/ Grade 12)
- September: University fair, application process begins, group and individual support provided
- January/February: Applications completed, liaison with universities
- July: Results sent to the universities, support provided for orientation problems
Please consult the university counselling wiki site for further information about higher education opportunities outside France, the application process, and the Anglophone programme of university presentations.
Anglophone section student orientation
100% of the students go on to higher education within a year of completing their OIB. The percentage applying to universities outside France has been growing and now over 50% of the cohort make foreign applications, generally to English-speaking universities.
The orientation of our students is diverse in both their destination and in their choice of subjects. All, however, have had the opportunity to enter very good universities of their choice.
Former CSI Anglophone students university placements
The map below shows the locations of the university placements that are students have gone on to after their studies here at the CSI.
Click on the settings on the top left hand corner to select a Class and click on a ‘pin’ to see the name of the University and the subjects of our student(s) studies.