Application and Admission to the Section
We offer children who are already fluent in English an education unique in the Lyon area: specialised English teaching within the French state system.
To enrol a child in the section, parents must first request an application form from the appropriate CSI school head. After the completed application is returned, together with all the documents requested, an appointment will be made for the candidate to take the admission tests in English and, where appropriate, French and Maths. Parents are informed of the school’s decision within a few days.
Once a child has passed the tests and is accepted into the CSI, a separate enrolment must be made in the Anglophone Section and the fees paid. These are adjusted according to the number of hours of English tuition per week.
Although part of a French state school, the Anglophone Section is fee-paying and is administered by a volunteer parents’ association, called APESA (Association des Parents d’Elèves de la Section Anglophone).
When a child is enrolled in the section, his/her parents automatically become members of APESA. The association has a governing board of twelve members who are elected at an annual General Assembly, for a period of two years. The Board decides on budgetary questions, i.e. the amount of school fees, salaries and expenditures, and is also the employer of teachers and administrative staff in the section.
The section is also a member of several educational associations such as ECIS, ELSA and ASIBA.
Application procedure for 2018/19
Please note that the admission test is 90€ per candidate. (admission test fee document will be emailed separately).
If you are unsure which class to apply for, here is a list of Class/grade equivalences for the French, English and American systems.
When & where to obtain an application form?
– from 5th February 2018 by email or at school for Collège and Lycée (for Collège and if you live in Lyon area, please come and collect the forms directly)
– from 5th March 2018 by email or at school for Primary
– by using the contact form, clearly stating your child(ren)’s full name, date of birth, class applied to and current school (city/country). The application form will then be emailed from the dates stated previously.
Admission Tests for 2018/19 – Dates, Deadlines & Info
– Enrolment forms return deadline:
3rd April 2018 for Collège and Lycée / 25th April 2018 for Primary.
– Test dates for Collège & Lycée:
- Oral: 15th June, 18th/19th/20th June.
- Written: 15th June (morning).
– Test dates for Primary:
- Monday 2nd July: CE1 and CM1
- Tuesday 3rd July: CE2
- Wednesday 4th July: CP (+ some CM2 candidates from Lyon for the French and Maths tests)
- Thursday 5th July: CM2 (all candidates for the English test)
– Collège & Lycée: 3rd July 2018
(after 6pm – at school and on the websites: csianglo.org and csilyon.fr)
– Primary: 7th July (9am – posted up at the school entrance)
The number of places in the school is limited. Admission may depend on the number of places available.
Continuation in the international sections is reviewed each year and will depend on the child’s performance and results.
Attention: for Collège and Lycée only, if you are living outside Europe and already know that you will not be able to be in Lyon for the admission tests, please let us know when sending your request for the admission form. For Primary, presence is mandatory.
Anglophone Section Fees 2018-19 (click on the links)